I’ll be turning 30 years old on July 12, 2010, and I decided to partake in the project where you make a list of thirty things you want to accomplish before your 30th birthday. I don’t have long to go, but I’m hoping I can polish off everything on this list by making the items reasonable:
- Hang curtains (whether store-bought or handmade) in every window of the house, and get rid of every shred of miniblinds that have been haunting my windows and my dreams since we moved in.
- Install hardwood flooring throughout the main floor of the house (!!!).
- Pay off my credit card.
- Brew a batch of stout beer.
- Plan and start saving for an autumn vacation in Vancouver/Seattle.
Grow delicious foods from heirloom seeds from Baker Creek, including a healing herb garden. Get a really great haircut from my bestie JoAnn at G Spot Hair Design, one that is an actual hairdo rather than something I pull back into a bun everyday. Get new glasses and contacts.
- Paint every room in the house something other than “Ultra White”.
- Scan all of our photos and organize them somewhere online.
- Update my Iowa City tumblr at least once a week.
- Continue my weight loss/fitness streak. Weight Watchers is working!
- Throw a May Day party.
- Organize and clean the basement.
- Try sewing another purse.
- Bake the perfect Blondie.
- Finish watching the whole Arrested Development series (we’re on an extended hiatus, mid-season 2).
- Create monthly music mixes without missing a month.
- Try making homemade ketchup.
- Build a pergola on the patio to continue cultivating an awesome backyard oasis.
Finally part with (donate) the ugly fleece that’s clogging up my fabric stash.
- Go scooter camping in Palisades.
- Buy a bike helmet so I can safely ride all over town.
Start really using the calendar/scheduling app on my iPhone to help keep my life more organized.
- Try raw milk.
- Mail goodies to my faraway friends.
- Build a respectable cocktail station.
- Start a food blog with aforementioned JoAnn.
- Make a batch of Navratan curry.
Throw a fabulous 30th birthday party on my patio.