I love lists. If you know me, you might have an idea of how much I love lists. I love making exhaustive lists. Sometimes I do this as a means of procrastination, but other times it’s because I need to motivate myself, and breaking tasks down into their components helps get me over the hurdle of actually starting a thing. I saw an idea for seasonal to-do lists on a mama vlog I keep up with, and I decided I wanted to make it a thing. With having a baby and being back in school, having a running list is hopefully going to help me get through this summer in a fun and productive way, instead of letting it speed by and waking up on the other side with nothing to show for the season.
- Go camping
- Go to the Farmer’s Market at least once a week
- Go on family bike rides as much as possible
- Make cookies for neighbors
- Walk to Heyn’s for ice cream once a week
- Throw a laid-back 1st birthday party
- Figure out a craft project we can do together at this age (tie-dye? finger painting?)
- Play in the front yard
- Swimming lessons!
- Figure out how to do a back carry with our woven wrap
- Get a pedicure. My feet are not summer-ready!
- Make some soap
- Make some homemade surf spray
- Find that tinted moisturizer of my dreams. My Laura Mercier oil-free TM is okay, but I don’t love it.
- Figure out a recipe for the perfect smoothie
I’ve also got a list running over at our house blog for home-related things. What’s on your list this summer?